Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Perceptions are our Reality

I am an avid reader as well as an author. My reading is eclectic, but I stay in fiction genre. One of the reasons is as an author I realize it is through fiction many truths can be revealed without fear of repercussion. I write truth mixed with fiction to help write a more accurate sociological history as opposed to textbook conqueror derived history.
I finished reading Mangrove Coast and Dead of Night by Randy Wayne White. The truth mixed in with fiction is incredible. I also finished reading The Whole Truth by David Baldacci is also filled with frightening reality.
As a child my father advised that if I wanted the truth I needed to listen to both sides of a story and the truth would be in the middle. I have developed my own mantra. “There is fact in fiction and fiction in fact.”
Perception is our reality. We need to find accurate perceptions and not be led blindly by other perceptions.

No comments: