Saturday, September 27, 2008

Time for a Real Change in America

I listened to analysis. I listened to experts rate the candidates. I did hear from these supposed political experts something I did agree with, neither of these men have an understanding of the working poor. These two candidates are completely removed from working poor reality, I want neither to represent me and my country. Both candidates are of the head and not the heart. People loved or hated Princess Diana. She was imperfect and did un-royal things, but she did generate emotions and the common man identified with her.

So here is the subject I present. The economy is in a turmoil. The fat cats will get free money and the working poor will pay. Here is my twist. Is it the fault of the greedy fat cats? Where does responsibility really fall? No one twisted or broke a consumer's arm to purchase a home they knew they could not afford. No one forces people to spend beyond their means. No one forces people to have the biggest and best, house, furniture, car, vacation, TV, electronics, and clothes. Do they make them feel better? Better than what or whom? It is about time the American people realize the responsibility of this economic crisis falls on our individual shoulders. We are the most wasteful and greedy people in the world regarding material goods and wealth. We the people must change ourselves, before we can correct the failing American economy.

Who is really at fault in the economic crisis? Maybe it is time the people face the mirror of reality. It is time for a change. It is time for us, the American people, to change. We the people set our life style, our goals, our standards. We need to change and move into a true stewardship toward the earth and our fellow inhabitants.

1 comment:

Steven and Stephanie said...

I agree but you already knew that. It's nice that Obama talks about the middle class people but he's not going to do a damn thing for them.